This was a really fun and easy project! I have been wanting to make my own tree skirt for a couple Christmases now. So, I scoured the internet for some cheap fabric and a couple tutorials to get me started. Let me just go ahead and apologize for the bad pictures. I was not planning on blogging this, but I got such a great response on Instagram (@beccsjones) that I decided to snap some iphone pics as I went. I still plan on backing mine with a tartan plaid for another more festive option. I have not chosen that fabric yet, but wanted to go ahead and get this to y'all! Fabric is here, and trim is here. Have fun!
12. Sew on your trim. Sewing in a circle is tough, but the skirt will be around the tree so mistakes are hidden well.
13. Repeat steps 1-10 with whatever fabric you want to use on the reverse.
14. Line up your circles pattern facing in
15. Sew them together keeping it close to the edge of your pom pom trim.
16. Sew the two pieces together at center circle, and down one side of the opening
17. Flip right side out
18. Sew final opening, folding the two raw edges in for a finished hem
note: if you would like to add ribbion to tie and to keep slit closed do that before sewing those two pieces together.
Yikes, I need some photography lessons.
And, we don't have a tree topper. I haven't found one I liked.
Help, where did you find yours?